The feeding of SMT pick and place machine is a process that pays great attention to efficiency and reliability. Improper placement of components in the feeder will greatly increase the difficulty of taking the material.
1) Different types of SMT pick and place machines match different feeding components. Normally, the same brand of the feeding components with different models can be shared. Distinguish by machine brand and model. Generally speaking, different brands of SMT pick and place machines use different feeders, but different models of the same brand can generally be used in common.
2) Divided according to the package size and type of component tape: generally there are two types-tape and tube.
3) Tray, vibration tray, etc.
4) Classified according to the size of the bulk tape (there are 8mm, 16mm, 24mm, 32mm, 44mm, etc.).
Many novices will have insufficient material or too much material during the feeding process. This is because the SMT pick and place machine has not done the preparation work before feeding. Then, what do we need to do before the SMT pick and place machine is feeding?
1) When the SMT pick and place machine is out of order, the equipment will sound an alarm, and the operation needs to cancel the alarm operation according to the equipment prompt; if you are not familiar with the alarm fault handling, you need to notify the engineer to assist in handling;
2) Take out the SMT pick and place machine which is lack of material, and remove the material tray in time when it is used up;
3) Check the removed material tray with the pre-prepared materials, and then install the SMT pick adn place machine after the inventory is correct;
4) Read carefully the material description and check whether it is consistent with the material tray;
5) Take a copy from the SMT pick and place machine with the materials loaded, and record the refueling time and the name of the operator for handover registration and use;
6) Install the SMT pick and place machine back to the designated equipment station.
Different brands and models of SMT pick and place machines have different technical parameters, so how should we see it?
1) Speed: The speed unit is generally expressed in CPH, which refers to the number of components mounted per hour on the specified circuit board area. Due to the various types of parts on the whole circuit board, different size specifications, and the different number of parts, the speed of the SMT pick and place machine will also be changed. Usually the placement machine manufacturer will test the average speed before leaving the factory, and customers can choose the model that suits them according to their product needs.
2) Accuracy: In the parameter manual of the SMT pick and place machine, we often see CPK. CPK refers to the process capability index. In the manufacturing industry, it represents the accuracy of the product measurement value, and it also reflects the precision value of the equipment in layman's terms.
The accuracy of the SMT pick and place machine represents the precision value of component placement. The higher the accuracy, the smaller the error, and the higher the ability of the machine to mount precision components.
3) Average power: refers to electricity consumption per hour. Generally, the power of SMT pick and place machines with more placement heads and faster speeds is relatively high.
4) Component angle: 0-360° arbitrary angle, synchronous rotation during movement.