The pick and place machine is the most important precision production equipment in the SMT production process, which is also a relatively expensive production equipment. It is a big trouble to buy such a pick and place machine with unsatisfactory performance because it seriously affects the production efficiency of the SMT workshop, then from which aspects can the performance of the pick and place machine be evaluated?
1. The output of the pick and place machine: it involves the measurement of transmission, manufacturing and takt time;
2. Pickup defects of the pick and place machine: Pickup defects can be classified as feeder failure, vacuum failure or visual failure. Pickup defects reduce net output and waste good parts;
3. The placement defects of the pick and place machine: the probability that placement defects usually occur;
4. Reliability, availability and maintainability of the pick and place machine: the data on reliability, availability and maintainability are published by the supplier based on actual field experience;
5. The operation process capability of the pick and place machine: it refers to the X/Y and Θ related placement accuracy levels. The X/Y and Θ errors of a machine are considered separately, not together;
6. Preventive maintenance of the pick and place machine: preventive and corrective maintenance is to keep the SMT placement system running at its specified speed and accuracy.