The main difference between the multi-function pick and place machine and the high-speed pick and place machine is that: the high-speed pick and place machine is mainly based on chip components (i.e resistors and capacitors and small three tubes), which pursues the placement speed and consequently the speed is higher; while the multi-function pick and place machine is mainly based on large-material IC and special-shaped parts (BGA, SOP/QFP). The placement range and component size of the multi-function machine are much higher than those of the high-speed machine.
Since the multi-function pick and place machine mainly pursues accuracy, its relative speed is relatively slow. The precision of high-speed machine is usually about 50Um, and the precision of multi-function machine is about 30um.
(1) The high-speed pick and place machine can adopt any structure. The structure includes: turret type, compound type and large parallel type, etc.
(2) The range of components that can be picked and placed by the high-speed pick and place machines is usually relatively small. The components that can be picked and placed are generally from 0.4mm×0.2mm to 24mm×24mm, and the height of the components is generally 6.5mm. Some high-speed placement heads can only pick and place components of up to 5mm×5mm, and the height of components is only as much as 3mm. In turn, pick and place large components will result in a lower speed.
(3) The placement heads of many high-speed pick and place machines can achieve a full speed when picking and placing small components. But when picking and placing larger components, carry out the links of picking, identifying, calibrating, and placing components will reduce the capacity of the machine.
(4) Usually the vacuum suction nozzle is the only suction nozzle of the high-speed pick and place machine.
(1) The multi-function pick and place machine mostly adopts the arch structure, which has the characteristics of high precision and good flexibility.
(2) The multi-function pick and place machine mostly adopts the fixed circuit board, and uses the movement of the placement head to realize the X and y positioning, and will not cause large or heavy components to shift due to inertia due to the movement of the table.
(3) The multi-function pick and place machine can accept all material packaging methods, such as packaging with tape, tube, box and tray. In addition, when there are many materials in the tray, a multi-layer special tray feeder can be installed.
(4) In addition to traditional vacuum suction nozzles, special suction nozzles can be used for special-shaped components that are difficult to pick when materials are sucked. In addition, pneumatic clamping jaws can be used for components sucked by vacuum suction nozzles.